The Ruling Concerning the Celebration of Mawlid an-Nabi
Title: The Ruling Concerning The Celebration Of Mawlid An-Nabi
Author: Shaykh Saleh Ibn Fawzan Al-Fawzan
Translated by: Shawana A.Aziz
Binding: Softcover, 60 pages
Publisher: Dakwah Corner
Description From Publisher :
In this book, is an explicit CLARIFICATION of the MAJOR DOUBTS raised by the proponents of Mawlid an-Nabi, including:
- Mawlid an-Nabi is honoring the Prophet.
- Mawlid an-Nabi is celebrated by a large number of the people in many towns and cities.
- Commemorating Mawlid an-Nabi renews the memories of the Prophet.
- Celebration of Mawlid an-Nabi is cut of love for the Prophet and an expression of ones love, which is permissible.
- Mawlid an-Nabi is a Bidah Husna (good innovation) because it is a means of showing gratitude towards Allah for sending the Prophet.
- The sayings of Umar, 'What a good Bidah is this?'
Additional quotes by Shaikh Muhammad ibn Ibraheem Aal-Shaikh have been added to further clarify these issues. The booklet also as 2 valuable appendixes:
Appendix 1: Explanation of the Hadeeth,"He, who established/initiates a Sunnah Husna in Islam." in the word o Shaikh Saleh al-Fawzan and Shaikh Muhammad ibn al-Uthaimeen (rahimahullah)
Appendix 2: A Dialogue between Shaikh al-Albani (rahimahullah) and a proponent of Mawlid.